10 SEO Mistakes to Avoid on Your Next Website Redesign
Redesigning your website isn’t just about making it look good. “A great website redesign also requires that you consider (and improve) what’s under the hood.”
One portion of the less glamorous side of website redesign is search engine optimization (SEO). By now everyone knows they need SEO to be found, but they might not realize that there are common mistakes made in regards to SEO.
10 mistakes to avoid:
- Not thinking about SEO from the start
- Not doing an audit of your existing site
- Failing to identify commonly search keywords
- Not setting up 301 redirects
- Failing to consider your URL structure
- Leaving shady back links in place
- Not using responsive design
- Forgetting to unblock search engines from crawling your site
- Forgetting to add analytics tracking to your site
- Failing to think like a human
In our free ebook we’ll dive into each of these 10 SEO mistakes in greater detail.